A Few Ideas to Run By You All

Re: A Few Ideas to Run By You All

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:53 pm

enigmaMystere wrote:
TigerStripes wrote:- As well, since you've got a lot of the structure built, you might want to put debug messages into the various blank comments so you can start testing to see if the right stuff appears as expected.

...may I ask what you mean by this? ^^;

Like Xenophiliac said, put some temporary messages into the unfilled text spots, though they can be more specific to the content they'll hold.
Code: Select all
say "debug - scene 4 - intro M/F.

or
Code: Select all
say "test - scene 7b - oral.

When I was starting, doing this was critical on big projects like the Tigress Hooker with all its variations.
TigerStripes

Postby enigmaMystere » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:15 am

Oh. Thanks for the idea. I'll do that when I get the time! ^^

For now, here's the updated file:

Selena.rar
Newer version
(18.27 KiB) Downloaded 1222 times
enigmaMystere

Postby enigmaMystere » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:00 pm

Okay, so I know it's been a while, but I have some updated files to share. Please let me know what you think!
Attachments
enigmaMystere.zip
(47.13 KiB) Downloaded 1143 times
enigmaMystere

Postby TigerStripes » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm sorry I've replied before now. Looking over your update's been on my to-do list, but the last few nights have not gone as planned. I just wanted to let you know that you've not been forgotten.
TigerStripes

Postby enigmaMystere » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:37 pm

TigerStripes wrote:I'm sorry I've replied before now. Looking over your update's been on my to-do list, but the last few nights have not gone as planned. I just wanted to let you know that you've not been forgotten.

I'm glad to hear that. ^^ Take your time looking; I can wait as long as is needed.
enigmaMystere

Postby TigerStripes » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:35 am

Sorry for the delay. As you've probably noticed, things have been rather busy here behind the scenes.

Selena:
- You've got a lot going on here with Selena and her complexity. Have you run tests to see if the mechanics are working even if all the text has not yet been written? If so, how have those been working out?
- I've scanned through the text and, aside from a few typos, it seems good.
- The 'lust' state of hers involves some different interactions and scenes. Are those mutually exclusive or progressive? If they can be done out of sequence, the game will only know the last value set even if other scenes have already occurred. None of this is necessarily a problem, but it is something I'd want to point out.
- A larger matter to point out is the current size restriction we're operating under. Unfortunately, Selena's clearly going to be a huge chunk of material when finished, so adding her to the current Inform game isn't really going to be possible. Now while we've heard that the issue is 'resolved', we've still not seen an actual bug fix or new release of Inform, so she can't really be added at the moment. That doesn't mean you should stop, as we have several contingencies in the works even if that bug fix never properly appears.

Skye:
- Just to be clear, is Skye going to be set as either an NPC or a pet, or will she be able to swap between the two states? While the latter is possible, I recommend against it for now, though you can plan for it in the future.
- Depending on her characterization and relationship with the PC, you may not wish her pet form to prompt auto-sex. Some pets now have sex with the player be player-prompted. Just something to consider. It'll depend on her personality, desire for sex, goals and the nature of their relationship.
- Are the sex scenes for both states going to be the same? If so, the menus can likely be consolidated. Even if not, you can likely merge them with some basic clauses to pick the appropriate scene.
- The 'Toon Pegasus' creature seems to have a lot of data associated with it. It looks like you're using my 'Friendship Pony' as a basis for it. Unless you're planning for them to be a roaming creature, there's little point in building a full creature and infection for this. Also, if it's only going to be Skye, there's no need for the randomization. I only built all that into the Friendship Pony to provide a variety of ponies to encounter and a variety of player colours/marks so they could try to get one they personally like. Generally though, the infected player colour should be fixed or at least follow some limited rule (e.g. gender or cycling).
TigerStripes

Postby enigmaMystere » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:59 pm

TigerStripes wrote:Selena:
- You've got a lot going on here with Selena and her complexity. Have you run tests to see if the mechanics are working even if all the text has not yet been written? If so, how have those been working out?
- I've scanned through the text and, aside from a few typos, it seems good.
- The 'lust' state of hers involves some different interactions and scenes. Are those mutually exclusive or progressive? If they can be done out of sequence, the game will only know the last value set even if other scenes have already occurred. None of this is necessarily a problem, but it is something I'd want to point out.
- A larger matter to point out is the current size restriction we're operating under. Unfortunately, Selena's clearly going to be a huge chunk of material when finished, so adding her to the current Inform game isn't really going to be possible. Now while we've heard that the issue is 'resolved', we've still not seen an actual bug fix or new release of Inform, so she can't really be added at the moment. That doesn't mean you should stop, as we have several contingencies in the works even if that bug fix never properly appears.

Skye:
- Just to be clear, is Skye going to be set as either an NPC or a pet, or will she be able to swap between the two states? While the latter is possible, I recommend against it for now, though you can plan for it in the future.
- Depending on her characterization and relationship with the PC, you may not wish her pet form to prompt auto-sex. Some pets now have sex with the player be player-prompted. Just something to consider. It'll depend on her personality, desire for sex, goals and the nature of their relationship.
- Are the sex scenes for both states going to be the same? If so, the menus can likely be consolidated. Even if not, you can likely merge them with some basic clauses to pick the appropriate scene.
- The 'Toon Pegasus' creature seems to have a lot of data associated with it. It looks like you're using my 'Friendship Pony' as a basis for it. Unless you're planning for them to be a roaming creature, there's little point in building a full creature and infection for this. Also, if it's only going to be Skye, there's no need for the randomization. I only built all that into the Friendship Pony to provide a variety of ponies to encounter and a variety of player colours/marks so they could try to get one they personally like. Generally though, the infected player colour should be fixed or at least follow some limited rule (e.g. gender or cycling).

Selena:
- I have, and she's working just fine. ^^
- Thanks!
- I'll be sure to have everything fit together properly.
- I have been working on Selena for a while, but I do believe that the problem has been fixed, in some capacity.
+ I want to try and consolidate some results in the second playdate (hide and seek), but when I look at the code, I honestly have no idea where to start. ^^; Any tips?

Skye:
- She'll be set as an NPC or a pet for the remainder of the game, once acquired.
- Ah, I see. Well, she's actually resistant to sex as a pet, at first, but she slowly gets more willing the more often she's made use of.
- I don't think they'll be the same, but I'll see about merging some of them once they've been written.
- I had everything set up that way for the Toon Pegasus because I wanted there to be a bit of variety for the player, should they desire it.

I've also updated each of them a bit, but I'll admit that they both still have quite a ways to go before they're ready for the game. Wahn's been helping me in his free time, but I'd appreciate any help you or anyone else would be willing to provide. The .rar file with the latest versions of the files are listed below.
Attachments
enigmaMystere.rar
Latest Versions, as well as other characters.
(83.67 KiB) Downloaded 1114 times
enigmaMystere

Previous

Return to Dev Chat