Project: Bouncy Castle Bound States

A place for keeping track of singleplayer projects.

Project: Bouncy Castle Bound States

Postby Blue Bishop » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:24 pm

Developer: Blue Bishop
Commissioner: Barados
Hours: 6
Completion: 100%

Outline:

• Alters a number of encounters in the Bouncy Castle to adhere to the bound state ruleset.

Progression:

• Currently in the process of discussion with the original creator (Stripes) about the content planned to be altered. Once that's out of the way and I finish what's left of my bonus hours project, I can turn my full attention to this.
  • Update 04/08: After thorough discussions over the content slated to be altered with Stripes and conceptualization proper work has begun on the first bound state. The state was successfully coded and received preliminary testing. All that remains for it is the text content.
  • Update 07/08: One of the three bound states is shippable and should be in today/tomorrow, a second bound state is in production and should follow quickly thereafter.
  • Update 08/08: Another bound state is shippable. Both are planned for release later today.
  • Update 14/08: There has been some delay in regards to the final bound state, as figuring out how to apply the system to the existing one has proven problematic. The skeleton of the bound state has been programmed, but there's still a fair bit of conceptualization in regards to reapplying the old content. A hefty chunk of new content is likely expected. I decided to take a break from this and focus on my other commission.
  • Update 18/09: After an egregious delay, the update to the second bound state is complete. I was forced to wrestle with some personal matters, which set me back by a fair bit. I apologize for any inconvenience this might've caused.
Last edited by Blue Bishop on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:44 am, edited 7 times in total.
Blue Bishop

Re: Project: Bouncy Castle Bound States

Postby Blue Bishop » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:37 am

Update 04/08: After thorough discussions over the content slated to be altered with Stripes and conceptualization proper work has begun on the first bound state. The state was successfully coded and received preliminary testing. All that remains for it is the text content.
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:01 am

Update 07/08: One of the three bound states is shippable and should be in today/tomorrow, a second bound state is in production and should follow quickly thereafter.
Blue Bishop

Postby barados » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi, original commissioner here.

Great work so far. I love how the extra interaction fleshes out the encounters :)

I did notice a couple of potential bugs.

1: When you're in the throne room, and find one of the suits, the game asks if you want to struggle or not. No matter your choice you still go into the bound state struggle. I had imagined that if you said no you'd automatically lose.

2: I got the following message when I opened a non-struggle suit: "*** Run-time problem P31: Attempt to use a property of the 'nothing' non-object: property libido"

3: Sometimes at the end of a struggle, it shows you the bound state options one last time, but you can't choose any of them and it automatically moves on.

Finally, I have a small favor to ask. Could you search and replace all instances of "latex" with "vinyl" during these encounters? It's something I should've asked for a while ago, but hopefully it's doable.

It's all minor things, and I'm really looking forward to see the rest of the encounters :)
barados

Postby Blue Bishop » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:49 am

1: Automatic game overs aren't particularly conducive, I've found. Keep in mind, submitting to these encounters make them extremely costly to escape from (Full sanity, no libido, you'll probably escape with only ~25 sanity left), but it gives the players who are particularly adventurous a chance to still escape. Submitting opens up Oblige, as well, so if you want to just lose, you'll be able to do it much more quickly than if you struggled.

2: That's likely a unintentional byproduct of my meddling, I'll look into it. [Fixed]

3: I'm not sure what this issue is, but I'll look into it. [Fixed] -- The issue in question is when the encounter is still able to passively eject you, it's a fairly straightforward UI miscommunication, I'll amend it.

4: Easy find/replace. Expect it done. [Fixed]

These changes should be shipped later today, after I start plinking away at the final bound state.
Last edited by Blue Bishop on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Blue Bishop

Postby barados » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:29 am

Awesome. Much appreciated :)
barados

Postby Blue Bishop » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:18 pm

Update 14/08: There has been some delay in regards to the final bound state, as figuring out how to apply the system to the existing one has proven problematic. The skeleton of the bound state has been programmed, but there's still a fair bit of conceptualization in regards to reapplying the old content. A hefty chunk of new content is likely expected. I decided to take a break from this and focus on my other commission.
Blue Bishop

Postby barados » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:10 am

Let me know if it turns out to be absolutely impossible, or unfairly time consuming. We can look at using the remaining time more constructively if that turns out to be the case :)
barados

Postby Blue Bishop » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:02 pm

barados wrote:Let me know if it turns out to be absolutely impossible, or unfairly time consuming. We can look at using the remaining time more constructively if that turns out to be the case :)

It's unlikely to come to that, I think. In any case, I'm plinking away at the other commission at a steady pace.
Blue Bishop

Postby Blue Bishop » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:45 am

Update 18/09: After an egregious delay, the update to the second bound state is complete. I was forced to wrestle with some personal matters, which set me back by a fair bit. I apologize for any inconvenience this might've caused.
Blue Bishop

Next

Return to Projects