Not Able to Connect + Disconnect Etiquette

Not Able to Connect + Disconnect Etiquette

Postby Songbird » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Hey there:

I have not been able to connect to the FS or Rusted Promises multiplayer for over seven hours, since circa 2 PM server time on August 9, 2015. I do not believe I was banned, nor do I think there is any ground on which to do so, so I am assuming this is a larger outage and not a specific IP-block.

While I understand general server issues and maintenance, turning off the game without warning or external means of notification is unacceptable. If this was planned, this would be the second time Hinoserm has taken the game down in one day without any form of warning to users--not exactly user-friendly behavior, regardless of the cause of closing things down.
Songbird

Re: Not Able to Connect + Disconnect Etiquette

Postby Songbird » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:23 pm

Unfortunately, I must bring this up again due to another ban without stated reason from the FS multiplayer.

This is unacceptable. You cannot IP ban someone who has been helping out your game for years without any form of warning or reason. A quick check verifies that the website is still online but being refused to me, and connecting directly gives a CONNREFUSED error.

If Hinoserm is responsible for this, again, then I at least expect some form of action against him on Nuku's behalf. While I understand we have no other choice for a system administrator, utilizing this position to ban people he dislikes for no objective reason (or warning) is a serious abuse of power.

I hope this gets resolved soon. Thank you for listening.
Songbird

Postby RenScorch » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:45 pm

I think this is a technical issue, IE the server has gone down, which is why you are receiving the connection refused, as I am receiving the same issue as well.
RenScorch

Postby Songbird » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:16 pm

Hmm, alright. I'll wait and see what happens. If I can contact other regulars to confirm, that would be beneficial.
Songbird

Postby Gallent » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Does anyone know when the server will be up again?
Gallent

Postby Azrael » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:12 pm

From the looks of things, the server blew up again at 2:12 pm EST
Azrael

Return to General Chat