The Inventory

Re: The Inventory

Postby xinacs » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:30 am

Mh... works fine for me. Took everything, used the knife. Then tried to drop it, so the message "You're wielding that, take it off first." appears correctly. Unused it and tried to drop it again.
Knife dropped without a problem. :)
I am some hours into my 4th story using the current compiled version and haven't found a bug in the inventory yet. But thanks for the info and please tell me if you run into any more oddities on your way. :)
(I fixed some small things in one of your files as well which you could review)

BTW: My changes didn't touch the actual inventory logic. I just changed a lot to speed up the creation of the linked actions you see when opening the "inv".
The actual links and item actions all stayed the same.

PS: "You’re wielding that, take it off first." is the message for weapons, "You’re using that right now. Stop using it before you drop it." is the message for clothes. The "take it off" is a bit unusual for weapons, but that is an old unchanged code, which you can see in "story.ni" (line 3785 following, also 3715 for destroying items).
xinacs

Re: The Inventory

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:42 am

xinacs wrote:PS: "You’re wielding that, take it off first." is the message for weapons, "You’re using that right now. Stop using it before you drop it." is the message for clothes. The "take it off" is a bit unusual for weapons, but that is an old unchanged code, which you can see in "story.ni" (line 3785 following, also 3715 for destroying items).

My focus was on the wording of the message and not the fact that I couldn't drop it. If you made no changes to that, some of the messages from before are jumbled or need to be adjusted. It must be a pre-existing issue.
TigerStripes

Previous

Return to Dev Chat