A Few Ideas to Run By You All

Re: A Few Ideas to Run By You All

Postby enigmaMystere » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:11 am

Here's the updated version of Selena. Still has a lot that's needed to be done, but I'm sure I can get to that eventually. Maybe even tomorrow.

Selena.rar
There was a minor issue, but it's been fixed, now.
(5.78 KiB) Downloaded 1026 times
enigmaMystere

Postby enigmaMystere » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:57 pm

Newer version with the bare bones for the sex menu. Tell me if I messed anything up, please! ^^;

Selena.rar
(8.12 KiB) Downloaded 1036 times
enigmaMystere

Postby Wahn » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:20 pm

^^ Looks good from what I can see. I'll have to test-compile tonight to check, but from skipping over it, it seems alright. Really looking forward to playing all those scenes when they're done :)
Wahn

Postby enigmaMystere » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:36 pm

Wahn wrote:^^ Looks good from what I can see. I'll have to test-compile tonight to check, but from skipping over it, it seems alright. Really looking forward to playing all those scenes when they're done :)

Same! All I really need to do, I think, is figure out how each version of Selena would act and expand on it from there... that, and figure out a better way to describe how she looks. : P
enigmaMystere

Postby enigmaMystere » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:19 pm

New version, first play date done. Let me know if you have any suggestions, ideas, or anything that comes to mind! ^^

Selena.rar
Newer Version
(14.95 KiB) Downloaded 1054 times
Last edited by enigmaMystere on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
enigmaMystere

Postby Wahn » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:42 pm

^^ Looks good. A nice little bit of innocent fun :)
Wahn

Postby enigmaMystere » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:54 am

So I found a couple items that fit the bill for what I want Jack to be infected by... I want to run them by you guys, first, though, to make sure that they're alright to use.

First one, a bathrobe:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/AUTOIMAGES/UBCN007861lg.jpg

Second one, a set of footed pajamas:
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/80/46/7d/80467d5ef5ff897959e0282b888344a0.jpg

If I am allowed to use them, which one would you guys suggest I use? : ?
enigmaMystere

Postby TigerStripes » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:20 pm

enigmaMystere wrote:New version, first play date done. Let me know if you have any suggestions, ideas, or anything that comes to mind! ^^

Selena.rar

I'm going over the document right now and a few things I've noticed:

- When making an 'instead of navigating', you'll need to include the following right at the top to prevent errors:
Code: Select all
instead of navigating McDermott Farm Entrance while (hp of Anthony > 4 and hp of Selena is 0): [player helped the shepherds, Selena never met]
   if location of player is not fasttravel:
      say "You can't navigate from here.";
      stop the action;
   if location of player is McDermott Farm Entrance:
      say "You're already here.";
      stop the action;
   move player to McDermott Farm Entrance;

These will prevent the player from circumventing the normal navigation to get there from a non-nav room or to nav to their current location.

EDIT: Wahn has created a subroutine to handle these checks now, but you need to include it at the top of your alternate navigation rule. Please note, this will only work to check if the player's current location is fasttravel and that it is not the current room. If you have any other conditions or permissions, they will need to be included separately as above.
to say NavCheck (CheckRoom - a room): [check if a nav attempt can go through]
   if debugactive is 1:
      say "DEBUG -> NavCheck just checked your travel route out! <- DEBUG";
   if location of player is not fasttravel:
      say "You can't navigate from here.";
      now NavCheckReturn is false;
   otherwise if location of player is CheckRoom:
      say "You're already here.";
      now NavCheckReturn is false;
   otherwise:
      if debugactive is 1:
         say "DEBUG -> ...and you may travel. Pass along now. <- DEBUG";
      now NavCheckReturn is true;

To be used like this:
   say "[NavCheck Grey Abbey Library]";
   if NavCheckReturn is false, stop the action;
   move player to Grey Abbey Library;

- You do not need to put [line break] at the end of say statements that end in completed sentence punctuation ( . ? or ! with or without ' for quotation marks). If you end with one of those (no extra space after), Inform will automatically insert a line break. It's not wrong, but I'm just letting you know you can save yourself the effort.

- You use [if libido of Selena < 4]text A[otherwise if libido of Selena > 6]text B[end if] in several spots. Since libido of Selena being 4, 5 or 6 is a valid outcome, make sure all three possibilities are properly spaced/punctuated such that they appear correctly into the sentence.
Example:
      say "     Selena is currently [one of]carrying an empty bucket to the milking shed[or]carrying a basket, much like the one she was found in, towards the fields[or]exiting the barn where Wendy is, [if libido of Selena < 4]guiltily[otherwise if libido of Selena > 6]happily[end if] licking her lips[at random]. You can see she's wearing [if libido of Selena < 4]a bright pink sundress that covers[otherwise if libido of Selena > 6]a form-fitting shirt and shorts that don't obsure any of[otherwise]a loose t-shirt and a skirt that partially hides[end if] the tawny, spotted fur of her arms and legs.[line break]";

For 4, 5 or 6, you'd get:
...exiting the barn where Wendy is,  licking her lips...

with two spaces after the comma. The other outcomes would work fine. To resolve this, the additional space should be moved into the if clause so it only appears when needed.

- As well, since you've got a lot of the structure built, you might want to put debug messages into the various blank comments so you can start testing to see if the right stuff appears as expected.
TigerStripes

Postby enigmaMystere » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:46 am

TigerStripes wrote:- As well, since you've got a lot of the structure built, you might want to put debug messages into the various blank comments so you can start testing to see if the right stuff appears as expected.

...may I ask what you mean by this? ^^;
enigmaMystere

Postby Xenophiliac » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:53 pm

...may I ask what you mean by this? ^^;

If i'm not mistaken, I believe that he means to go through and put just a little message (DEBUG TEXT, ABABABABAB) like that in all of the scene/writing/text spots for your nerd, and then run through it ingame and test it out, make sure everything works.
Man ideas are weird.
Xenophiliac

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Chat